Blog Hits

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Focus, Focus, Focus

After Sunday's game with Rangers we control our own destiny. Win 6 games and we win the Double, it really is that simple. Dougie, Dougie. Dallasgate, Old firm games all mean nothing now. All that has happened this season, good or bad, should be put to the side and all focus should be on the next game. Don't want to put a dampener on things but 2005 Fir Park still wrankles in the pit of my stomach, if that fateful day taught me anything it was that you should never get ahead of yourself. That season we were in a better position than we are in just now. Saying that Neil Lennon and Alan Thompson were on the pitch that day and I'm sure they will have drummed it into the squad that there is still a job to do in wiining the remainder of our games.

Dundee United at home on Sunday could be tricky, if the last home game against St Mirren is anything to go by. Too many nervy games at Parkhead this season, one goal up going into the last ten minutes in many games has shortened my life considerably in the last 8 months. I know at this stage of the season it is difficult to keep a quick tempo, but in most games we start brightly we win comfortably. This can happen if we start with our best 11, I'm not a big fan of rotating the team. Especially in the midfield, teams like Barca can afford to do this as they have players who can drop in seemlessly. I'm afraid we can't do this, evident in the old firm game and the St Mirren game. Too many changes in the midfield leaves disjointed and our passing game disappears, Kayal and Ki together doesn't work for me. I don't have a great explanation why not, it just doesn't seem balanced. With Ledley out for the rest of the season I would have central partnership of Brown and Kayal with Commons on the left or right and between Maloney, Forrest , Paddy and Freddie filling the other slot.

The defence I think picks itself now, so onto the attack. This is cut and dried for me, Stokes and Hooper all the way. The game on Sunday proved to me again that Samaras can not play with a partner up front, too many times he drifts wide and leaves his strike partner isolated, whether it's Stokes, Hooper or even Murphy. I Know Big Sammy has a lot of admirers but afraid I'm not one of them, Two league goals (albeit at Ibrox) is not acceptable for a Celtic striker, even Kenny Miller scored 4 goals and he was shite for us. I just don't see what he brings to the team, I've yet to see his amazing workrate that some people talk about. He doesn't set up goals and he doesn't score them either. Sorry if you think that's harsh but Have out uo with the BIg man for too long now.

Hopefully I don't sound too pessemistic because i know we are more than capable of winning these games. However the word that has become more and more prevelant  is 'BOTTLE'. This is going to play a big part in winning the league. So let's hope the next six games are as comfortable as possible because I'm losing enough hair as it is.

Hail Hail.

P.s. Heard rumours of a possible takeover at Ibrox, might want to keep an eye on that. 48 hours people, 48 hours!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment